It was a quiet week for Snappy as many of our regulars were off at Layout/DOM/Gfx work week or otherwise engaged. However, progress was still made.
- Vlad released a new version of about:telemetry that shows full slow SQL data on Nightly builds. (He’s also working on bundling about:telemetry in product.)
- Vlad also received more super slow start-up data from the metrics team and is continuing his investigation.
- The profiler add-on can now toggle the Jank/Stackwalking feature.
- Vlad integrated Benoit’s SPS extension with the Symbolication Server.
- Vlad wrote a blog post about setting up a local symbolication server.
- Peptest results from try, mozilla-inbound, and mozilla-central are now being reported to http://mrcote.info/peptest/.
- Mark added Peptest documentation to MDN.
- mccr8 has continued his attack on the CC graph landing patches for bug 736563 and bug 712735 and is working to land even more patches (bug 737075 and bug 740185).
- Rafael implemented write poisoning, which detects late disk writes that are occurring when we’re trying to shut down.
- Rafael discovered that xul <query> tags don’t get finalized (the connections remain open) until the last cycle collector run and is working on a patch.
- Felix continued working to make form history use the asynchronous storage API. Patch is getting close to r+.
- Progress was made on replacing synchronous favicons calls in the codebase with async calls. Not quite ready to land but moving along.