Not too long ago we kicked off an analysis to answer the question,
Does aliasing a subset of Webkit CSS properties in Gecko improve mobile Web compatibility?
The preliminary results of our small study showed little improvement. The next step in this analysis is to understand why the sites that were tested are broken even when aliasing Webkit prefixes in Firefox.
Site list with visible issues (as reported by Mozilla QA)
- White screen renders on page
- Slideshow of icon shortcuts don’t allow swiping left and right
- Missing colors on certain buttons.
- ads and transitions within ads are not shown correctly
- colors for refresh button are not right
- text is occasionally blacked out when scrolling page
- ads don’t render
- very obvious layout issues in comparison to Android stock browser